Monday, March 15, 2010

F's Lesson 3

F, C, L, and I had a gathering in a small Chinese restaurant yesterday. We had some delicious YangRouChuan (the figure on the left). With no doubts, we received a lesson again.

C is going to finish his part time degree soon. And he is going to Australia for seven days as part of his degree program. We had a discussion about going abroad and gaining experience. F and C had a long chat of traveling to Australia. F went to Australia twice. His advice for C was be like a traveler.

Then we talked about our work. For me, I don't feel comfortable to tell other people my salary. I do like my friends. However, I like my privacy as well.
F said to C that he should get his degree first so that his starting pay will be around $3000. Then he can find a woman who earn about $2000. And with $5000 income per month, C and his future wife can afford housing and car.

I told F that how come he planed so well for C. His answer was I need to do further planing. After than he mentioned the same thing again that I should chase W, even she is heading to Australia. He said W is a honest woman, and if we get together we will have a stable family.

Although F has been to Australia, Turkey, and many other countries. Deep in his heart, he is still a person from Tianjin. However, I learned different culture to fulfill myself. In fact, I don't even know who I am. F is a nice guy, he is my good friend, but our value is different.

2 comments:

cheryl said...

where's this chinese food place that you went? looks interesting!

Guo Cheng said...

A place near Kallang MRT. The interior design of that restaurant was not very good.