Monday, April 26, 2010

Phases of the Moon

It is painful to watch a good friend leaving. Yesterday I just experienced that.

Y, C, H, and I were at Changi airport yesterday seeing our friend W off. There were nice people including me who came to Singapore to study together. K and J have already left us. K went to Sydney and J went back to Tianjin. Their situations were the same. Each of them went back to Tianjin first, then we were informed by them that they would leave Singapore. I felt sad of their leaving. But this time I felt sadder of W's leaving, because we watched her left, we watched her disappeared in the crowd.

It was a sad and sorrow moment. Her flight was at 10:30pm. We had coffee together and took some pictures with her, especially we took some pictures in front of the departure hall. She told us not to worry about her leaving and we can still meet in Tianjin. Certainly our emotion was not convinced by her comfort. The moment when W was walking into the departure hall, H cried. At that moment I was touched. Honestly I have never seen H crying before. I think as a woman H is more sensitive and emotional. Maybe because men usually don't cry, I didn't feel my tears crashing down from my eyes, but they crashed down into my heart.

Nothing exits forever. There are always moments of saying goodbye. All I can do is wish my friend all the best in her future journey.

I remembered an ancient Chinese poet Su Shi said:

人有悲欢离合
月有阴晴圆缺
此事古难全
但愿人长久
千里共婵娟

People have their grieves and joys, their togetherness and separation.
The moon has its dark and clear times, its waxing and waning.
Situations are never ideal since long ago.
I only hope we may have long long lives.
So that we may share the moon's beauty even though we are a thousand miles apart.

What's more interesting is this ancient poem can be sung. And a famous Hong Kong singer sang it in 1990s. I will listen to this music and wish all my friends who have left be happy everyday.



2 comments:

Regina said...

Introspective - the recent trend in your posts :)


keep posting!

Guo Cheng said...

At least it proved one thing that I am not pure evil. Although I want to be evil and dangerous like a wolf, I haven't become a wolf yet. At most, I am a husky.