Wednesday, March 10, 2010

F's Lesson


Without any doubts, F is the most independent person among us. Yesterday he gave me a lesson on marriage again.
His idea on marriage is that our chances of finding someone and fall in love is at the maximum in colleague, then chances will slowly decrease to zero until we reach forty. His belief is it's better to marry someone whom we know well, because there are a lot of women who have money faces underneath social masks.
He gave me two examples. His cousin sister, who has high income and can speak fluently English, married to an average income guy whose job is missile research. Because she felt an average guy is more stable and secure. F's cousin brother who is the director of Shell in Southern West Chins region married to an average looking woman. Because he felt that an average woman is more loyal.
He still suggested me going for W, even she would leave Singapore next month. His suggestion was as same as last time that I should buy a necklace or something more expensive for her to show that I am interested in her. To me, W is a really nice girl, but we won't even see each other together after next month. I just simply don't believe anything could happened when two people can't stay in a same place. He insisted on his opinion. He said if can show her that I am interested and she accept it, she will come back to me after her two years degree in Austrilia. Then he said if I don't go for her, I may end up having match making to be the last choice. His point of view is in match making both sides see each other's social mask, and it will create problems after marrige.
His idea on his marriage is he will get married in two or three years time, then go back to our hometown, start a business there, and take care of his parents. His girlfriend is from a city not far away from Tianjin. He said when he go back, he will bring his parents-in-law to Tianjin.
I really like F's lesson. It showed me a different story from a different angle on a same topic. However, I think we two are different. He is more keen in to find one suitable woman and get married while I have never thought about this.
Later on, I had a chat with my mum. Her opinion is that a man with successful career is more attractive, and a successful man can go for women who are ten or even fifteen years old younger, so working hard on career is the most important step. Well, that's a different opinion again.

No comments: