Sunday, April 10, 2011

Fighting spirit? No. It's about something else.

In one interesting conversation between T and I, he asked me about how I face stronger opponent. My answer was"Attack, attack, and attack. Even I will be thrown hundred times." He said:" Why don't you just lying down there so that you will be thrown less?" The underlying reason is when I got thrown more by stronger opponent, I can have a nature feeling of his techniques. Experiencing the nature feeling more will create a build-in reacting mechanism inside my brain. Thus I don't need to think about how to defense. I will be able to sense it. And I have experienced so many times of this build-in sensitivity. It comes so nature that my mind, body, and technique have become one. In Chinese, they call this 心技一体. The feeling is without thinking, I just know how to do it naturally. No wonder it is said practice makes perfect.

This is my little conclusion of last week's thoughts. I guess I will meet Y and share the feeling. So excited to learn from him about crying for Autumn leaves.

No comments: