Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sometimes We Have No Choices.


Yesterday my friend told me the rental for a single room with toilet (mater room) is around 600 to 700 Singapore dolors. I realize in recent years the rental in Singapore has largely raised.

Economy of Singapore faced a boom in last two years. To turn the birth rate up, Singapore government approved more PR last year. And these people need place to live. When the demand shifted up, the rental raised. Not only the rental outside, but the hostel fees in University also raised.

Obviously, this is not good for foreign students. Anyway, I have no choices but to keep paying. Maybe I shall wish there will be some finical crises so that the price will drop. Oh, I am so evil.

2 comments:

Brad Blackstone said...

Yes, life is expensive here, eh?

Aaron Zhao (EG1471) said...

It's not only Singapore housing is expensive. Everywhere on the earth is increasing. Isn't it?