Wednesday, March 19, 2008

It stopped at 22


Houston Rockets lost today. Their winning streak was ended. Some of my friends feel sad about their lost. I said to one of my friends “Yes, they lost. So what? Watching basketball is just for fun, right?” He disagreed with me. He said “How can we do that? We should support Rockets.”

Sometimes I really feel strange about this thinking. I believe watching sports is just for fun. When Yao Ming joined Houston Rockets, a lot of Chinese people, including quite number of my friends began to this team. They became the fans of Rockets. Unfortunately, Rockets sucked in last four years.

Personally I think Yao Ming is a good player, but it is not worthy to become his fans. The fact is no matter how well he plays doesn’t not guarantee I will be healthy. I think it is better to do some sports for our health instead of admiring those “star” players.

1 comment:

Brad Blackstone said...

I have a hard time being a fan of guys who are making millions of dollars to play games. Maybe that's jealousy. Or maybe I just can't subscribe to the fan club mentality. Yes, I admire athletic talent, and I even admire team play and spirit. But to heck with the star worship thing!