Monday, May 24, 2010

The Secret Garden Party

A invited me for a party called "The Secret Garden Party" last Friday.

To be on the guest list, I had to send an e-mail to the organising group. They have their page on facebook. It was said that beer would free of charge from 8:30pm to 10:00pm.

When I arrived there, I found out the party was not at a bar or a club. It was at a small garden beside a bar. I guess that's why they called it the secret garden party. It was teeming with more than one hundred people. There was a DJ in the center of the garden. Inside a house in this garden, there was a place selling all kinds of wine. In one spot of this garden, people lined up in several queues for free beer.

I arrived there quite late. It was almost 9:50pm. A and her friends had already reached there before 9:30pm. Before I met A, I saw S in the crowd. It was really unexpected. I chat with S for a while. She seemed quite pleased with her current job and was having fun in the party with her friends. Later on, I found A and her friends were standing near the DJ. She was thoughtful that she took almost 10 cups of beer for me and her friends. We had a long chat. A's job was about marketing even though her major was mechanical engineering. I think engineering involved many hands-on works which was not preferred by most women. Then I introduced A to S. They had a nice chat. Unfortunately, I left at 11:00pm, because I still got some samples to handle in the lab on the next morning.

I do like that they offered a lot of free beer and the party was crowded. However, the garden is small and there were not many seats. When I talked with S and A, we kept in standing posture. I think I prefer a party which can not only offer drinks but also places to rest, because party is about socializing and we can't always stand too long. Probably a pool party, which offer drinks, pool, and music, is what I want. I only heard about it, but never experience it. If there is one, I will be looking forward to it.

No comments: