Thursday, June 24, 2010

Marrige? Rush?

I am glad that I have 5 elder sisters and 1 elder brother here in Singapore. They gave me a lot of good suggestions. Two weeks ago we had a discussion about marriage.

Recently I heard that one of my friends is going to get married next year, which means he is going to get married at the age of 25. I have one more friend who is going to get married at his age of 25 in this August. Last year one friend got married at the age of 24. In this two years, there are a lot of weddings going on.

One of my childhood female friend got married in this February. Not only she and I are good friends, but also her mother and my mother are good friends. She asked me when I will get married. I told her that I don't know.

In a Sunday afternoon, I discussed this marriage issue with my brother and sisters. They said getting into marriage too early is not a good choice. My sisters opinion is that if a man get married in his 20s, and when the man get more power and more money in his 30s, having affair may not be rare. They said to me that if I get married earlier, there is a high possibility that I will have affair. They suggested that I can wait until I have stable job and income and man should not being rush.

I am glad that I can get advices from my sisters and brother. They are older than me. And all of them have experience on marriage. Off course, Daddy Peet also gave me a lot of good suggestions. Their opinions help me see the whole picture instead just feeling the pressure from my friends.

2 comments:

Regina said...

This is in keeping with your "Isolation" post. We come to better decisions the more we know other options by advice from the wiser people, especially from those who don't have the conventional life...

Guo Cheng said...

Hahaha, I love people who don't have the conventional life. And I also love people who have colorful life.