Sunday, December 7, 2008

More Choices



After living here for almost 5 months, I found Denmark is a quiet beautiful place for living. Salary for bachelor degree holders is very high. They can earn about 6000 Singapore dolor per month. I visit my friend Rune's home last week. His father was an engineer. He has a 180 square meter house with a yard. I can never an engineer in Singapore can have such a big house. Driving 10 minutes from his house to north will reach a beach. There is also a large area of forest in that town. I really like the environment here in Denmark. That's why I told Mr Blackstone that I might leave Singapore one day.

I think Singapore is a nice place. Everything runs efficiently. The city is clean. The crime rate is low. The university education is one of the best in Asia. But there are too many places in this world for me to choose. We always try to be better off, don't we? Actually I don't feel I am a Chinese. In fact, it is the other way round that Chinese is one of my characters. Singaporean and Danish are also parts of me. I think Mr Blackstone is right. that it's good to be a citizen of the world.(He is right again? He is always right, isn't he? Sensei, do you feel warm in your heart now?)

I think I should go to United States next time as Mr Blackstone suggested. Then I can watch NBA or NFL in stadium.

1 comment:

Brad Blackstone said...

I would never say I'm always right. In fact, more often I'm wrong. But I can assure you that as a future engineer your job prospects will be broad and your horizons for potential living places virtually unlimited!

Lucky you!