Thursday, July 17, 2008

UC Berkeley Webcast


I find it is really helpful for me to watch Berkeley web cast. http://webcast.berkeley.edu/index.php Now I have learned a lot on MEMS. Maybe NUS should also make some lectures' web cast open to public.
I think the main problem of providing open web cast is more students will depend on web cast instead of lecture and some of them will think they can do last minute study. I think this is not a problem if NUS grades students based on module requirement, which means if more people can't reach the requirement of certain modules there are, NUS should fail them. The problem of NUS is the school doesn't like to hurt people by failing them. Last semester, one of my professor complain to me that the school didn't let him fail students. I think NUS really need to change its thinking in the future.

No comments: